In this Shapeshifter Yoga review, we will get into the details of the program so you can decide whether it is the right weight loss program for your lifestyle.
|Shapeshifter Yoga Review – Scam or Legit?|
What is Shapeshifter Yoga?Shapeshifter Yoga is a complete yoga program by Kristine (Kris) Fondran which consists of training videos, yoga workout routines, and advice about how to master yoga skills. The program was first made in 2011 and has since become wildly popular, particularly amongst working moms. It has been noted for “transforming yoga haters into fitness and flexibility gurus.” So, even if you tried a yoga class before and hated it, you still might want to give Shapeshifter Yoga a chance.
Unlike traditional yoga courses which focus on spirituality, Shapeshifter Yoga is all about getting into shape. This isn’t to say that there aren’t spiritual or mental benefits from doing the yoga routines, but they aren’t the core of the program. You won’t have to chant a single “om” to do Shapeshifter Yoga!
As the name implies, Shapeshifter Yoga is about changing the shape of your body. Kris Fondran talks a bit about ideal body ratios for achieving beauty, as opposed to just trying to lose as much weight as possible.
What You Will Learn in Shapeshifter Yoga
- Techniques for burning fat without having to do crunches, cardio, or other stressful exercises
- Weird yoga secrets which burn fat and shape your body
- How to reduce aches, pains, and stiffness
- How to get a sexy “yoga butt”
- How to work out to achieve the “golden ratio”
- Simple exercises for reducing cortisol levels
- How to control the aging hormone so you look younger
- Routines for increasing insulin sensitivity
- Step-by-step instructions for better body control
How Shapeshifter Yoga is DifferentThere are hundreds of yoga books and programs out there, and you probably have at least 1 yoga class in your local town. But Shapeshifter Yoga isn’t just another yoga book or exercise routine by some “guru.” When it comes to yoga for weight loss, Kristine Fondran actually knows what she is talking about.
For starters, Kris has her Masters Degree in Exercise Science from Cleveland State University. She’s even done clinical studies which look at the benefits of yoga for the mind and body, with a particular focus on weight loss. Before she got her Masters, she got her BS in Education, so she is very adept at teaching and explaining the concepts in Shapeshifter Yoga.
Unlike many other yoga programs or classes which seemingly involve little more than stretching and chanting “om,” Kris has drawn on her 12 years worth of research and experience in the field. The focus of the yoga exercises is to help you burn as much fat as possible while toning your body. Kris does this by combining poses together in a way which burns as much (or more) calories than aerobics or other cardio, while at the same time reducing your cortisol levels.
I think what really sets Shapeshifter Yoga apart from the other yoga programs out there isn’t just the level of research and knowledge behind it (though that is certainly important). Kris Fondrane is a 40-something mother of 3, who undoubtedly leads a busy life. She drew on her personal experiences to create a yoga program which is realistic for most women.
- You don’t have to be flexible or in shape to do Shapeshifter Yoga.
- You don’t have to have hours to dedicate to workouts.
- You don’t have to be relaxed enough to get into the zone before working out.
- You don’t even have to have spare time, because some of the exercises can be done while playing with your kids or at the office.
How Shapeshifter Yoga Helps You Lose WeightWhen it comes to weight loss, most people (including many doctors and nutritionists) are still stuck on the calorie-in/calorie-out approach. They keep on advocating for this in the form of food journals and calorie counting, despite the fact that research shows it doesn’t work.
We now know that weight loss is a lot more complicated than counting calories in and out. There are many factors at play, like hormone levels which regulate fat burning and appetite. Even if you do manage to lose weight from dieting or intense cardio programs, it isn’t likely to last. Those programs cause muscle mass loss, which in turn slows your metabolism – not to mention makes you look emaciated and sickly rather than shapely and sexy.
As a yoga expert with a Masters in Exercise Science, Kris Fondran takes all of this into account in Shapeshifter Yoga. She created the yoga program around three main concepts which are guaranteed to help weight loss, while also helping you achieve your ideal body shape. There isn’t enough time in this Shapeshifter Yoga review to get into all the science behind the program, but here are the main ways the program works:
Your metabolism rate is directly linked to how much body mass you have. Basically, the more mass you have, the more calories are required to sustain your body. Since muscle weighs more than fat, you burn more calories by toning your muscles. By contrast, if you just lose fat without gaining muscle, your metabolism will actually slow down!
By focusing on toning your muscles, Shapeshifter Yoga doesn’t just help you burn more calories. You also get a shapelier body. You’ve heard the term “yoga butt” before? Well, there are also yoga arms, thighs, stomachs, and more…
2. Balancing HormonesBy now, you might now that hormone imbalances are one of the main culprits behind the obesity epidemic. And one of the hormones most responsible for weight gain is cortisol, aka “the stress hormone.”
High cortisol not only causes binge eating and weight gain, but it is also linked to a slew of other problems like trouble sleeping, poor immunity, and blood sugar abnormalities. Guess what? Studies show that the breathing exercises in yoga can help lower cortisol levels.
All of the poses and exercises in the Shapeshifter Yoga program put a focus on tactics for lowering cortisol levels. They can also help regulate other hormone levels associated with weight, such as insulin and leptin.
3. It Gets Your Entire Body MovingAs a mother of 3, Kris Fondran knows how most of us spend our busy days: in front of computers, tvs, or kitchen sinks. Even if you are “active,” you probably aren’t activating your entire body.
The yoga routines in Shapeshifter Yoga are designed to stretch and activate every part of your body. With the “Everyday Flow” video, the poses are put together in a way so you activate every part of your body in just 10 minutes.
You WILL get results when you get your body moving. Best of all, you will become more aware of your body and feel the need to continually move it.
Pros of Shapeshifter Yoga
- For All Fitness Levels: The yoga exercises are easy enough that everyone can do them. Even physically-fit people will benefit from Shapeshifter Yoga since it activates the entire body and improves flexibility. As you progress, you can take the poses to new levels and experience more benefits.
- Easy to Follow: The program comes with videos and pictorial diagrams to help you understand the poses, and the program can be followed at your own pace and schedule.
- Scientific Approach: The traditional spiritual approach to yoga is fine but, if weight loss is your main goal, then you will appreciate Kris Fondran’s approach. The routines are based on scientific studies so you get maximum results within the shortest amount of time.
- Dramatic Results in Just 1 Hour Per Week: The program is very flexible and can suit any schedule. With the longer video, you can choose to do it all or just certain parts. Even if you do just the 10-minute daily flow video a few times per week, you will still see dramatic results.
- Weight Loss is Just One of Many Benefits: Shapeshifter Yoga was designed for maximum weight loss, but there are many other benefits to the program as well. You will be able to sleep better, control your appetite better, feel less stressed, improve your sex life, and more.
- Low Cost, Lots of Material: Right now, Shapeshifter Yoga costs just $27 and comes with lots of material. You can’t even find many basic yoga books for this price, nevertheless a complete program.
- Money-Back Guarantee: In the event that you don’t like Shapeshifter Yoga, you have 60 days to ask for a complete, no-questions-asked refund.
Cons of Shapeshifter Yoga
- Designed for Women: Yoga is definitely something which can benefit men too – and the routines in Shapeshifter Yoga will certainly help men lose weight as well as women. However, the program is directed at women and men might not find some of the information (such as about achieving ideal body ratios) useful.
- Not a Spiritual Yoga Program: I want to be really clear in this Shapeshifter Yoga review that the program is a WEIGHT-LOSS yoga program, not a spiritual program. If you’d rather work on your psyche and not your body shape, then choose a different program.
- No Diet Component: If you want to lose weight quickly and look your best, then you will have to eat a healthy diet. Shapeshifter Yoga doesn’t get into diet at all, except to mention how the exercises (by regulating hormone levels) can help you control your appetite and prevent binge eating.
- Not a Rapid Weight Loss Program: Considering the fact that virtually all rapid weight loss programs are ineffective in the long term, I’m not sure that this should really be considered a con of Shapeshifter Yoga. However, if your goal is to lose weight very quickly, then you may want a more vigorous cardio and diet program. You will see results with Shapeshifter Yoga, they just won’t be as pronounced or fast.
What is Included?There is a LOT of content which is included in Shapeshifter Yoga, so I won’t get into too much detail in this review about all of it. Here is an overview of what you get when you buy Shapeshifter Yoga:
The Shapeshifter Yoga Core Program
- Shapeshifter Yoga Quick Start Manual: Includes some vital information about yoga, what results you can expect, and advice for how to get started with the program.
- Shapeshifter Yoga Pose Video Library: Gives a video demonstration of all 32 poses which are used in the program. You must watch this before starting the exercises!
- Shapeshifter Yoga Pose Manual: This goes along with the Pose Video Library. It explains exactly how to do each pose safely so you can get the best results.
- Shapeshifter Yoga Program Video: This 1-hour long video strings together all 32 exercises in a way which works out your entire body. You can do the entire video or just do parts of it.
- Shapeshifter Yoga Everyday Flow Follow Along Video: This video runs about 10 minutes long and uses numerous poses to exercise your entire body. You should ideally do this video 2 times per day, 3 days per week (1 hour total) to get good results.
- Shapeshifter Yoga Pose Wall Charts: Put these charts wherever you will be doing the Shapeshifter Yoga routines. If you forget a pose, you can just look at the chart as a reference.
Shapeshifter Yoga Bonuses
- Follow Along Audio Files: If you want to do the Shapeshifter Yoga routines without the videos, just put this audio file on your iPod or other device. The audio file takes you through the routine and reminds you to breathe.
- Breath Awareness Meditation Audio: Because breathing is so important to keeping cortisol levels low, this audio file is great for reducing stress and helping you relax.
- Body Awareness Audio: This 3-stage audio file teaches you the practice of Kaya Sthairyam, which can help you banish stress while becoming more aware of your body and its needs.
- Yoga Nidra Guided Meditation Audio: If you’ve ever had trouble sleeping, you’ll be really happy that this audio file is included. It is great for helping you learn to relax too.
Is Shapeshifter Yoga Right for You?Shapeshifter Yoga definitely isn’t your run-of-the-mill yoga for weight loss program. It was designed by an expert with more than 12 years of experience in yoga studies and a Masters Degree in Exercise Science. This research-oriented, scientific approach is what makes Shapeshifter Yoga more effective than all of those spiritually-oriented programs. However, it is still important to have realistic expectations: you aren’t going to go from flab to fab overnight.
Because Shapeshifter Yoga is based on science, backed by a 60-day guarantee, and anyone can do it and get results, I have no qualms about recommending this program to anyone who is interested in getting in shape but doesn’t like conventional aerobics programs.